Give Yourself Permission to Relax
Have you ever taken a stroll to just relax, to release all the stress from your life.
There are times in our lives that we just need to stop and breath, realizing this life is precious and it’s up to us to take care of ourselves.
If you’re ready to take your life to a clearer understanding of who you are, now is the time to open up and be willing to be renewed.
I want to challenge you to let yourself be able to release all your tension and stress. According to The American Institute of Stress: About 33 percent of people report feeling extreme stress.
77 percent of people experience stress that affects their physical health. 73 percent of people have stress that impacts their mental health.
Stress is a factor in leading causes to heart disease, cancer, stroke, lower respiratory disease, and accidents.
An estimated 75 percent to 90 percent of all doctor visits are for stress-related issues. Hope your not overloaded with all that data, there is a positive side to it, Some stress is good for you.
While too little stress can lead to boredom and depression, too much can cause anxiety and poor health. The right amount of acute stress, it will tune up the brain and improves performance and health.
Here are five healthy techniques that psychological research has shown to help reduce stress in the short- and long-term. Take a break from the stressor.
It may seem difficult to get away from a big work project, a crying baby or a growing credit card bill. … Exercise. … Smile and laugh. … Get social support. … Meditate.
Here are some positive effects of stress, – All life events, even good ones, cause a certain degree of stress.
For example, getting a new job is a positive change, much like getting married, falling in love, getting a raise, winning a game and so on. Stress often accompanies a breakthrough in creativity.
The name “eustress,” is a type of stress we feel when we feel excited. This good stress it keeps us feeling alive and excited about life.
There are also some foods that help reduce stress, Oranges, grapefruit, and other citrus fruits are a great way to get your vitamin C, which has a powerful antioxidant that boosts your immune system.
So make sure to eat your fruits every day:)
Stress Statistics by Gender
On a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 means you have “little or no stress” and 10 means you have “a great deal of stress”, how would you rate your average level of stress during the past month?
Listening to the warning signs of stress
- Headaches, muscle tension, neck or back pain.
- Upset stomach.
- Dry mouth.
- Chest pains, rapid heartbeat.
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep.
- Loss of appetite or overeating “comfort foods”
- Increased frequency of colds.
Healing Your Body
Good stress is what we want to aim for, but we know that’s hard to do. So how do we get that balance? Well first we realize the difference between good and bad stress, and then we make changes.
It’s not as hard as you would think it could be, once you’ve made your mind up to do something about it you will do it.
Ways To Reduce Stress and Stop Worrying
This deep breathing exercise helps to stimulate the brain nerve, so you can free your mind and relax.
1. Take a slow breath in through the nose, breathing into your lower belly so you feel it inflate like a balloon (for the count of 4)
2. Hold your breath for 1 or 2 seconds
3. Exhale slowly through the mouth so that you are pushing out the air in the “balloon” and you feel your belly suck in (for the count of 5)
4. Make sure the exhale breath is one or two counts longer that the inhale breath as this activates a greater relaxation response.
5. Wait a few seconds before taking another breath
Another way is getting sleep, it sounds easy in theory, but so many people find it hard to achieve. Sleep is the most important thing you can change if you are feeling stressed.
The average amount of sleep an adult should get is 7 hours a night. We all have experienced good and bad night sleeps, an know how it feels waking up moody and stressed, it’s no fun.
This is a really important one,”Stop and Relax”, if you don’t look after yourself you won’t have the energy to take care of all the other people in your life you take care of.
When our energy gets low we’re cranky, overly sensitive and not as happy as we want to be. So please take some time each day, even if it is only 10 minutes, to Relax.
Here are some examples of relaxation for you to start with.
- Have a warm bath (not hot) as this will help your body reach a temperature that’s ideal for rest.
- Writing “to do” lists, can organize your thoughts and clear your mind of any worrying thoughts that pop in to your head
- Relaxation exercises, such as light stretches, help to relax the muscles. Don’t exercise vigorously though, as it will have the opposite effect.
- Relaxation CDs can help as they use a hypnotic voice to guide you through muscle relaxation and soothing music and sound effects to relax your brain or worship music.
- Watching TV or any computer or phone screen keeps the brain engaged and active so it is harder to fall asleep. It is better to read a book or listen to the radio as that relaxes the mind by distracting it from the present worries.
A Great Stress Reliever “Vacation or Getaway”
A positive, well-managed vacation can make you happier and less stressed, and you can return with more energy at work and home, with more meaning in your life.
Positive vacations have a significant effect upon energy and stress. My husband works hard for our family, puts in many, many hours and drives over an hour to work every day.
Some times he doesn’t get time off for weeks, so when we go on vacations, he needs it.
At the beginning of the week he starts off trying to relax but it’s hard to just jump in, ya know, but by the end of the week or ever how long the getaway is, he is relaxed, enjoying his self and laughing with the kids.
Overall stress can be bad or good, It’s up to us to decide if we are going to let stress control us in a really unhealthy way or a really healthy way.
My choice is a healthy way, it may take a lot of work on my part to not get stressed over things that make me upset or mad, but I want to be healthy and if this is what it takes, Let it be. First step toward Healing:)
I think we all need more time to relax and unwind or just be alone with our creator and enjoy life.