I been thinking about how life can get so busy Really Quick, we don’t even realize how fast the days have gone by, and how our bodies have gotten so sluggish.
We wonder why we are tired, cranky, ill or just down right mean sometimes. That sure isn’t how we want to be.
We need to Realize that If we don’t set aside time for our self to Relax and Refresh our body, soul and mind; we will get out of balance.
I want to help you learn how to Relax and be Refreshed. As you learn these techniques, set aside 30 minutes to an Hour, 2 to 3 times a week, more if you can, to do a Relaxation Exercise that will help you distress and Enjoy Your Life and Family More!
*I want you to take some time to Relax & Refresh Yourself, as you do these Exercises you will feel a Refreshing come over you and be Rejuvenated.*
(put on soothing music)
RELAXATION EXERCISE 1
- Take a Deep Breath In – 1,2,3, let it out slowly – repeat 3 times and then breath
- Now focus on a Relaxing Picture for 1 or 2 minutes until your mind is clear
- Then close your eyes while lying down and Relax there listening to Soothing Music for 5 to 15 minutes, more time if you like.
. . .
PROGRESSIVE MUSCLE RELAXATION EXERCISE 2
Progressive muscle relaxation (PMR) was developed by Edmund Jacobson in the 1920s to help patients with muscle pain and tension. PMR can not only help with general relaxation but give relief to those dealing with various health conditions, including headaches, anxiety and even cancer.
To practice PMR, follow these steps:
- Find a quiet place and get in a comfortable position sitting or lying down.
- Start by inhaling deeply through your nose and slowly exhaling through your mouth for 3 – 5 cycles.
- Tighten your muscles by squeezing your body, clenching your toes and pushing your heels to the ground.
- Release, then flex your feet towards your head for a few seconds until you release again.
- Move onto new muscle groups, your abdomen, legs, hands, arms, shoulders, neck and face repeating Tighting and Release.
**Tighten then release**
You can repeat these as needed and finish with some deep calming breaths.
HUMMING RELAXATION EXERCISE 3
Humming has the same calming effect on the Nervous System as Deep Breathing. It also makes your face, neck and shoulder muscles more relaxed and soothed — Almost like a mini Massage!
RELAXATION EXERCISE 4
When troubling times come it can be hard to have calming thoughts, especially when others are telling you to “calm down,” that is a whole lot easier said than done.
The Written Word, when we find that quiet place and read (meditate) on the Word of God, A Changing of the way we think, speak, and act occur, because the Peace and Love of the Father God fills our heart!! Read the Word or Listen to It
Exercise – Daily exercise Brings Health to our Bodies.
The reason you feel better when you Exercise is that natural neural transmitters and powerful hormones are in the brain and body. The effect is very similar to what meditation offers and will help with clarity of mind while boosting mood and creativity.
God made you to withstand almost anything. Are you Ready to go for a Walk, Running, Hiking, Swimming or Any Activity that gets you having some fun!
Remember to get Your Rest. Your Body will Refresh it’s self when you get into your Rem sleep.
Relaxation Techniques are a great way to help with stress management.
Relaxation is a process that decreases the Effects of stress on your Mind and Body.
Relaxation techniques can help you cope with everyday stress and with stress related to Health problems, such as heart disease and pain.
Relaxation slows heart rate, reduces blood pressure and relieves tension. It also aids digestion as we absorb essential nutrients more efficiently when relaxed, which helps to fight off disease and infection.
8 Drinks That Calm Nerves
Green tea – contains a brain-relaxing compound called theanine to reduce anxiety
Valerian – This medicinal herb—often found in bedtime tea blends—has been credited with reducing nervousness, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Fewer gout symptoms
- A stronger immune system
- Improved vision
- Fewer osteoarthritis symptoms
- Better recovery after exercise
- Better short-term memory
- Improved sleep
- Oral Health
- A Better Heart
- Antioxidants. Black tea contains polyphenols, which are also antioxidants that help block DNA damage associated with tobacco or other toxic chemicals.
- Cancer Prevention
- Healthy Bones
- Lower Risk of Diabetes
- Stress Relief
- Better Immune System
- Calcium: Builds healthy bones and teeth; maintains bone mass.
- Protein: Serves as a source of energy; builds/repairs muscle tissue.
- Potassium: Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar
- Slowing or preventing osteoporosis
- Reducing inflammation
- Cancer treatment and prevention
- Helping with sleep and relaxation
- Treating cold symptoms
- Reducing menstrual pain
Water – Water is known to be the best and the most natural hydrating liquid. It promotes cardiovascular health, keeps muscles and joints working, and helps cleanse toxins from your body. Staying hydrated also helps balance your blood sugar, helps relieve headaches, and promotes healthy skin.
Fresh veggie juice
- High level of nutrition in a single serving. A single cup of vegetable juice contains a significant amount (around 4-5 cups) of vegetables in it.
- Quick boost of energy and nutrition
- Maintains optimal water levels
- Low in sugar
- Highly alkalizing
- For Glowing skin
- Veggie juices fill you up
- Decrease in cravings
I hope you have time to Relax and Refresh so your Body can be Balanced and Renewed. These are just a few Tips to help you start your body on a road to healthy living.
It’s Time To Be Refreshed!!
Let’s Do This!!