THE GRACE OF GOD
The Common Christian teaching is that Grace is unmerited mercy (favor) that God gave to humanity by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on a cross, thus securing man’s eternal salvation from sin. Wikipedia Dictionary
Have You Ever Heard The Word Grace?
I remember as a little girl hearing the word Grace a lot from the adults around me and the Pastor at church. I would hear them talking but never really understood what they meant by Grace. I had an Aunt Grace I would think they were talking about my Aunt to start with but then realize after a long time they were not.
So silly of me I know but remember, I was only a child around 4-6 years old, with big ears to listen in when I thought something good was being said. lol Some years went by and My Pastor had been preaching about Grace a good bit and I was curious to learn more about what this Grace was by now.
My Great Aunt Nora always knew the answers to my questions, so I went straight to her when we were home from church. Aunt Nora I ask, What is this Grace ya’ll talk about? I know from hearing the Pastor that it’s Good but help me fully understand it.
Sometimes we just have to ask:
- What is that?
- Help me Understand that, Please!
- Where Did you Find that at?
- How Will that Help me?
- What did you say a Bible is?
We never know what someone knows or is going through, So never just assume they know what your talking about or care what your talking about. Have an open ear and a heart full of Grace for each one you come in contact with.
How to Show Grace to Others
- Words – “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15:1
- Look for Needs and Opportunities – “Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.” Romans 12:10
- Let it Go – “It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife, but every fool will be quarreling.” Proverbs 20:3
- Be There – “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.” Romans 12:15
- Forgive – “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15
- Learn to Ask for Forgiveness – “So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First, be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.” Matthew 5:23-24
- Watch the Way You Speak – “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29
- Gratitude – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
What Grace Means To Me
Well, Aunt Nora answered me by opening up her Big Black Bible, that I had seen her read every day for as long as I can remember. She had read all way through the Bible a bunch of times in her long life, so I wanted to listen to what she had to say to me.
Aunt Nora open the Bible to John 3:16, and told me All about the Grace of God, how He Loved me so much that He sent His Son Jesus to the Cross For my Sins that I can Be Saved and Live in Heaven with Him one day.
Gods Grace will always take us through every part of Life, good or bad and Make Us Stronger with each step we allow Him too. No matter what we may go through Gods Grace is Sufficient for Us!!
One of the things I saw growing up was Grace being shown to Others and I never knew it until the day I learned what Grace Really meant.
Aunt Nora showed Grace so much in her life, I Honor her for Being an Example of A Godly Woman of God for me and so many others. She never concieved children but she raised and help raise 7 of us and Loved Everyone of Us like we were her own. Four generations total. She lived to be 79 years old, still raising the last one with her at home.
The Grace of God I saw with my eyes looking at my Aunt Nora, Proved that Everything she went through to keep Us All together showed that she laid down her life for Gods Will to be done in Our Family!!
Grace Brings Ten Great Benefits To Our Lives
1. We are SAVED by GRACE.
The only way to Heaven is through the doorway of Grace. You can’t earn it. You can’t work for it. You can’t buy it (Ephesians 2:8-9).
2. We’re FORGIVEN by GRACE.
Though we don’t deserve it, God wipes our slate clean by his Grace (Isaiah 43:25).
3. We’re SUSTAINED by GRACE.
God will never ask you to do anything he doesn’t give you the ability and the power to do. That power and ability is called Grace (Philippians 2:13).
4. We’re HEALED by GRACE.
God heals our broken hearts and binds up our wounds even though we don’t deserve it (Psalm 147:3).
5. We’re LIBERATED by GRACE.
Our relationship with Jesus isn’t a bunch of chores to do. Instead it’s about resting in what the Lord has already done. If your Christian life is not a life of resting in Christ, you’re moving into legalism (Matthew 11:28-30).
6. We’re given TALENTS by GRACE.
God has given each of us the ability to do something well, and we’re to use those abilities for him (Romans 12:6).
7. We’re USED by GRACE.
God uses us to fulfill his purposes in this world, not because of anything we’ve done but simply through his Grace (Ephesians 3:7).
8. We’re KEPT SAVED by GRACE.
We cannot lose our salvation because it’s a gift of God. If you could earn it, then you could lose it the moment you stopped earning it (Jude 1:24).
9. We’re TRANSFORMED by GRACE.
Through his Grace, God makes us new through the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).
10. We’re MATURED by GRACE.
God’s work of making us more like Jesus happens not because we’ve earned it or by our own effort but by the Grace of God (2 Peter 3:18).
By the Grace of God, All Can Be Saved, My Prayer is that Gods Grace is Made Real To Everyone Reading This Article and A Drawing to Be Closer to Jesus Will Take Place In Us All, Lives Will Be Changed, Hearts Will Be Mended, Families Will Be Restored and Healings Will Take Place In Jesus Holy Name!! Amen and Amen!!
If you Don’t know Jesus as your personal Savior Pray this, “Jesus, I Repent For My Sins and I INVITE YOU Into My HEART To STAY. I Believe You Are The Son Of God & That You Died For My Sins & Rose From The Grave & Are Seated At The Right Hand Of God! I Thank You, For Saving My Soul & Making Me Whole! I Am A CHILD Of GOD THIS DAY!! AMEN!!”